- Enjoy physical activities such as running, kicking, climbing, jumping, etc.
- Beginnings of bladder and bowel control towards latter part of this stage
- Are increasingly able to manipulate small objects with hands
- Becoming aware of limits; says “no” often
- Establishing a positive, distinct sense of self through
continuous exploration of the world
- Continuing to develop communication skills and
experiencing the responsiveness of others
- Needs to develop a sense of self and to do some things
- Making simple choices such as what to eat, what to wear
and what activity to do
- Toddlers have a limited vocabulary of 500-3,000 words and are only able to form three to four word sentences.
- They have no understanding of pronouns (he, she) and only a basic grasp of prepositions (in, on, off, out, away).
- Most toddlers can count, but they do so from memory, without a true understanding of what the numbers represent.
- Cognitively, children in this age range are very egocentric and concrete in their thinking, and believe that adults know everything. This means that they look at everything from their own perspective.
- They assume that everyone else sees, acts, and feels the same way they do, and believe that adults already know everything. This results in their feeling that they don’t need to explain an event in detail.
- Toddlers might have a very clear picture of events as they relate to themselves but may have difficulty expressing thoughts or providing detail. Because of this, most of the questions will need to be asked by their caregivers.
- Toddlers are able to relate their experiences, in detail, when specifically and appropriately questioned.
- Learning to use memory and acquiring the basics of self- control.
7:30AM – 8:30AM
Morning free play, Hand washing, Diapers
8:30AM – 9:00AM
9:00AM – 9:30AM
Circle Time, Arts & Crafts
9:30AM – 10:30AM
Outside play as weather permits
10:30AM – 11:00AM
Science/Stem, or Large Motor/Small Motor activity
11:00AM – 11:15AM
Diapers, Hand washing
11:15AM – 11:30AM
Clean Up, get ready for lunch
11:30AM – 12:00PM
Lunchtime, Hand washing
12:00PM – 2:00PM
2:30PM – 4:00PM
Outside Play/ Free Play
4:00PM – 4:30PM
Clean up, hand washing, Diapers
4:30PM – 5:30PM
Diapers (as needed), clean up, preparation for pick up, free play
This schedule is a guideline for our days. Actual times and activities often vary in response to the children’s needs and interests.
Songs / Books
A, B, C
1, 2, 3
“i’m a little snowman”
“Winter Hokey Pokey”
D, E, F
“If you’re happy and you know it”
“Chicka Chicka Boom Boom”
-Dental health Day
“When the band comes marching in”
“The wheels on the bus”
-Bugs & insects
“The little caterpillar”
“The Tiny Seed”
“Planting a rainbow”
“Mary had a little lamb”
“Row, row , row your boat”
“Itsy Bitsy Spider”
Red, white, and blue
-Under the sea
“The star spangled banner”
“The farmer and the dell”
“Same but different”
“Where the wild things are”
“Brown bear, Brown bear, what do you see”
“Ten apples up on top”
“Goodbye Summer, hello Autumn”
“Red Leaf, yellow leaf”
“It’s raining, it’s pouring”
“Rudolph the rednosed reindeer”
“Little Blue truck”
-New Years Eve.